Interested in working on exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator of climate friendly technologies providing market development, publishing and events management services worldwide. Our mission is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”. We especially focus on helping our partners worldwide to introduce sustainable solutions for the Heating, Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R) industries. shecco’s team is located in Brussels, Berlin, Tokyo and New York.
shecco is looking to recruit a global events Manager based in Brussels. The global events Manager will manage the shecco events team, providing guidance and a structured approach to organise the best events & conferences of the HVAC&R sector.
This will include managing a team dealing with all aspects of sales, organization and, follow-up to events globally.
Estimated start date: 1 September 2016
This position entails a mixture of management and sales tasks, requiring a personality with a structured, proactive and positive mindset. International travel on a regular basis is required.
The global events Manager will, inter alia:
- Lead the events team to ensure a smooth delivery of top quality ATMOsphere events around the globe;
- Establish and maintain excellent customer and stakeholder relations;
- Develop strong competence in natural refrigerants and the HVAC&R sector within the events team;
- Organise sales campaigns for events;
- Source, negotiate and liaise with suppliers internationally;
- On-site event and event team management;
- Contribute to continuous improvement in shecco’s event offering;
- Develop effective marketing, sales and brand development for events;
- Plan and manage the event budgets.
Skills and competencies
- Strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
- Strong management skills, with proven ability to lead teams to successfully complete complex projects;
- Minimum of 3 years successful B2B event management experience;
- Exceptional organization, planning and monitoring related to event activities.
- Ability to build and manage solid relationships with internal and external parties;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Proactive, can-do attitude based on problem solving approach;
- Creativity to identify, share and implement new ideas;
- Attention to detail;
- Quick learner;
- Sound industry, market and customer knowledge, a strong plus;
- Background or experience in engineering, environmental science, energy, a plus.
- Permanent contract with a competitive compensation package;
- full support and investment in your personal development for a successful career at shecco;
- A dynamic and diverse working environment in the heart of Europe, within a young international team;
- International travel to run events in Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America.
Interested? Please use the online form to submit your application:
Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica Aldea, at: +32 2 230 37 00
Application deadline: 27 July 2016
Interviews and tests are planned to be held in Brussels during the summer.